Updated: Aug 29, 2019
Superfood Stuffing Recipe:
WFPB, GF, Vegan, Low Glycemic
This stuffing is packed full of nutritious ingredients!
This recipe is modified from a family traditional stuffing ball recipe passed down for generations. The unhealthy ingredients were swapped for superfoods with the power to boost immunity and reverse disease!
1 C Quinoa
1/2 C Green Lentils
1 Can Chickpeas
1 Portobello Mushroom
1 Red Onion
1/4 Red Pepper
2 Inner Cores of Celery With Leaves
2 Tbsp Poultry Spice
1 Tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Fresh Pressed Garlic
1 tsp Sage
2.5 C Vegetable Broth
- Gather Ingredients, a large cutting board, a large saute pan, and a large mixing bowl.
- Dice the celery, mushroom, and red onion first. Add all the spices.
- Heat the pan on Medium.
- Saute the vegetables until browned and softened using no oil. Do not worry if ingredients stick, this flavor will be cooked into the quinoa.
- Set these ingredients aside in large mixing bowl.
- Using the same pan, add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add the quinoa and lentils to the pan and return to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
While the quinoa is cooking:
- Add the chickpeas and black sesame seeds to the sauteed vegetable mixture.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher or fork concentrating on the beans.
- Dice the red pepper and kale.
- Press or mince the garlic.
- When the quinoa is done, combine it with the sauteed vegetables in the bowl and add the diced raw veggies.
- Sprinkle the garlic as you mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well
- Season to taste
- Using a serving scoop or 1/3 C measuring cup, pack the stuffing to form a dressing ball.
- Arrange them evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Alternatively, spoon into muffin liners and bake in a muffin tin.
- Or, spoon into a glass 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, or until a golden brown crust forms on the outside edges.
- The mixture can also be stored in the fridge overnight and baked next day.
Enjoy these wholesome and delicious superfood stuffing balls!
Complete your meal with Soykey and gravy and mashed potatoes.
Wholesome Mashed Potatoes:
White or Gold Potatoes
Unsweetened Plant Milk
- Bake 1 potato per serving.
- While potatoes are hot, cut length wise into quarters, then again into quarters.
- Add the cut potatoes to a large bowl.
- Begin mashing and stir in Plant Milk until desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with minced chives.
Traditional American foods lead to traditional American diseases. We specialize in Lifestyle Medicine, helping people to modify diet and lifestyle factors to reverse symptoms and diseases. We are excited to offer more resources and classes than ever in 2019!
Our first class of 2019 is the Healthy Lifestyle 101 Course & Dinner in which attendees will learn how to make changes to their lifestyle to revitalize their quality of life.